Friday, January 03, 2014

Beauty Scoop: Josie Maran Argan Oil

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! 

In the spirit of the whole "new year, new you" theme that takes over our lives this time of year, I wanted to share this beauty scoop with all of you.

Over the past few months, I have used a bunch of Jose Maran products. I find the best price for this brand is usually when it is on QVC. (Like most beauty junkies, I love QVC!)

The one product that has really stuck out to me is the Argan Oil.

Lately I have been using Josie Maran Argan Oil along with a retinol cream on a nightly basis as my skin treatment. That's all! I wash and exfoliate my face, and then apply it.

Here's how I do it:
- I squeeze out a pea sized amount of retinol cream
- I squeeze about 2-3 drops of Argan Oil
- I mix the two between my finger tips
- I apply it to my face and neck, dabbing in small circles.

This has been working wonders for me. Other than a breakout from too much sugar and junk around Christmas, I haven't had any major breakouts since starting this routine and I feel like I am finally able to get the retinol cream to cover my entire face by mixing it with the oil. Before, I would get concentrated amounts in one spot and this would cause peeling. I've been using this routine since October so I feel confident in saying that it's working well.

TIP: If you have sensitive skin like me, try to fight the urge to exfoliate every day. I find that exfoliating every other day with my Prosonic actually makes my skin look better than doing it every day. Just make sure on your in between day you're washing your makeup off really well. I've been using the St Ives "Blemish Control Green Tea Gel Cleanser", but any basic cleanser that doesn't leave your skin feeling dry and tight will do.

What are your go-to skin products? Share then with me on twitter @danielle0090

No comments:

Post a Comment