Friday, July 26, 2013

Beauty Scoop: Best Face Sunscreen for Oily Skin

Do you have a hard time finding a sunscreen that works well with your skin? I know I always have. The sunscreens I've bought at the drugstore have been too greasy or left an icky texture on my skin. I hated wearing makeup over sunscreen because my face just felt dirty, especially with waterproof sunscreens. That is why I was so happy when EcoLogical Sunscreen came into my life!
EcoLogical Sunscreen

I started using EcoLogical  sunscreen a few years ago. I was introduced to it by my boss when I worked at an all natural children's store during my undergrad years. Since it was a children's store, we carried the "Baby" sunscreen, so I started off with the tube third from the left >>.

When that tube ran out, I switched the Face tube because it was under 3 oz and I could easily travel with it on airplanes. Since you really need to replace your sunscreen every 6 months to a year, this tube is a really good size.  If you look at the ingredients list, it appears the formula in all the versions is the same. I noticed absolutely no difference in effectiveness between the face, baby, and body sunscreens. However, the consistency of the Face sunscreen is a little more "whipped" making it easier to apply.

There are two reasons I love this sunscreen: First of all, it is ALL NATURAL, so it uses zinc oxide as its sun blocking ingredient, and not the scary chemicals seen in all the mainstream brand sunscreens. Second, I love how it feels on my skin. The additional ingredients like rose hips and cucumber are soothing and moisturizing.

I do want to note, though, that the Baby tube has a thick consistency. When I applied it, I squeezed about a pea size onto my finger tips and gently pat it all over my face. Then I spritz my face with a water based toner, like LUSH, and pat it into my skin the rest of the way. I wait over ten minutes before applying any other products to my skin (like makeup). Also, this is not a waterproof sunscreen, so if you are fair skinned like me and are planning to spend all day in the sun, be sure to apply it every two hours.

Your face, neck, decollete, and hands are usually the first to show signs of sun damage and aging. Be sure to spend the extra time protecting these areas in your morning routine.

Do you have a favorite sunscreen brand? Share it with me on the Scoop Facebook Page! Thanks for reading!

<3 Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment