Saturday, February 16, 2013

Beauty Scoop: Smashbox Photo Op Mega Palette Review

Last June, I received the Smashbox Photo Op Mega Palette as a gift from my lovely mother. Some of my first makeup was by Smashbox. My first eye shadows, primers, and brushes were all by Smashbox (and Bare Escentuals). However, the more I used makeup, the more I stopped using my Smashbox eyeshadows. The formula they used back then just wasn't as good as many others on the market. So I stopped buying it.

After using this palette for several months, I can definitely see that Smashbox worked to improve the quality of their eyeshadows. Though, I still use my Urban Decay eyelid primer any time I apply eye shadow, including Smashbox. These eyeshadows look great on and last just as long as my Naked Palette, and although I love the colors in the Naked Palette, I have used the Smashbox palette way more over the last few months. This palette is much more travel friendly and efficient since it has eyeshadows, blushes, and eyebrow colors.

Here is what's included:
56 eye shadows
4 brow powders
1 brow wax
8 cream eye liners
5 blushes/highlights
4 lip glosses

To be honest, I don't use the cream liners nor the glosses. I prefer my Physicians Formula gel liner for its staying power and hardly ever wear color on my lips.

Overall, for quality and convenience, I'd rate this palette with 4 out of 5 stars. It would have been 5 out of 5 if the glosses and liners been more usable, or better quality. If you have the spare change laying around, I'd recommend you try one of their palettes. They do a limited edition palette a couple times a year, usually at QVC,  Sephora or the Smashbox website. I really can't stress enough how great this palette is for traveling. I wouldn't go on a trip without it!

Thanks for reading,

Danielle


No comments:

Post a Comment