Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Beauty Scoop: Foundation Routine

I have a few new products I've added in the last few months to my foundation routine and wanted to share them with you!

For concealer I use CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless Concealer in shade 205. I apply this with my finger tips to my eyelids, underneath my eyes and at the corners of my nose. I have been using this concealer for years, and after trying every drugstore brand that I can find, this remains my favorite.

My current foundation is Givenchy Fluid Foundation Airy-Light Mat Radiance SPF 20 in shade 1 (Mat Porcelain). I love this foundation, but with the $51 price tag, sometimes I switch back to MAKE UP FOR EVER Mat Velvet+ Matifying Foundation (in 15 Alabaster). The Givenchy foundation is so lightweight that I don't feel like I'm wearing anything on my face at all. It doesn't break me out and lasts for about 8 hours. Make Up For Ever in comparison, provides more coverage and does stay more matte for longer. For both foundations, I use a mineral powder brush I bought at the drugstore to apply and blend the the liquid makeup all over my face. It's the best brush I've ever owned for foundation, but CVS no longer carries it. I found a dupe online, but it is a tad more expensive.

The pressed powder I use in Origins Silk Screen Refining Powder in Light Spice. I apply this to my T-zone, and finish off the rest of my face with ELF Studio Tone Correcting Powder. The Origins powder has a bit more tint to cover the redness I experience around my nose, but I don't feel the need to apply to the other areas of my face.This process takes me about three to five minutes in the morning. I usually apply liner to by upper lid and a dash of mascara to finish off my daily "face".


What are your favorite foundations and powders? Share them below and link to your blog if you have one!

Thanks for reading,

Danielle






No comments:

Post a Comment