Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Beauty Scoop: E.L.F. Studio Tone Correcting Powder

Back in June I purchased a few E.L.F. products at Target and the Studio Tone Correcting Powder was among them.  This face powder is only $3.00 and has been my powder of choice for at least two months.

Here are the ingredients:
Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Nylon-12, Titanium Dioxide, Octyldodecanol, Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Silica, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Boron Nitride.



When I looked at these ingredients, I was sure this face powder would break me out--namely the Talc, Dimethicone and Silica. I bought it anyway. As far as I can tell, this powder is paraben free. They list parabens in some of their other products, so I'm assuming if it's not listed here, there are none.  Long story short, this does not break me out. Cue applause.

Even though it has ingredients I would normally avoid, I will be re-pucrhasing this today. It controls shine and oil better than any powder I've tried and works perfectly with my Make Up Forever mat velvet foundation. I've seen other reviews that this powder can be chalky, so if you have darker skin this might happen to you. I definitely think it's suited towards fair skin tones and is not necessarily translucent. If you do have oily skin, I'd just give it a try despite your skin tone. It's great for makeup touch-ups throughout the day and doesn't cake like other powders I've tried. It's three bucks, so you won't have buyer's guilt if the color isn't right for you.

Takeaway: Love this powder! I definitely recommend it.

Thanks for reading! ♥ Danielle

4 comments:

  1. I've been using the MUFE Mat Velvet+ foundation as well! I've been loving it so much. I'm wondering, if you have a primer/foundation already on, that may be keeping you from breaking out possibly, since a barrier of makeup is already there? Just a thought. I may have to give this a try since we have similar skin types.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mandy
    I loveeee MUFE products! I hope the e.l.f powder works out for you--let me know if you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am dark skinned and love love love this product. Im on my first week using it but can tell it will be a must in my make-up bag from now on. Like you mentioned it works great as a blotting powder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Cloudy An That's great! I'm glad it works for you too!

    ReplyDelete