Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Beauty Scoop: Pangea Organics #1 Facial Scrub Review

I recently purchased quite a few of the Pangea Organics skin care line. I picked out the ones that were geared towards people with oily skin because that is my skin type. I decided to give their line a try because I am hoping I will benefit from their natural ingredients as an alternative to chemical based products. I don't really expect much from products for my oil control, because I honesty think that has more to do with how I eat and hormones, etc. If you know anything about the causes of oily skin, I'd love to hear about it. I do expect products that I invest in to improve my overall skin tone and texture. I'm going to review a few of the products individually as I figure out my opinion of them and later I will do an overview of how I think Pangea Organics did or did not work for me.

The first product I want to review is the Facial Scrub. I actually paid $32 for this from the Pangea Organics website, but I just found that if you search a bit on the internet, you can get it as low as $21. I'm mostly mentioning this because it's true for many of their other products and if you want to try them out, you definitely want to pay the lowest possible price! Shame on me for not bargain shopping haha.
Pros: It is completely natural and organic, with no added fragrances and no irritants. Using this simply as a cleanser is probably it's best use. This scrub feels nice on the skin and I did not have any bad skin reactions after using it.

Cons:
I do not think this is the best scrub I've ever tried, nor do I think it comes close to the St. Ives scrubs. There are very few exfoliates in this scrub when compared to other scrubs I've tried (i.e. Clean and Clear, St. Ives, Neutrogena etc.).  I would not recommend this to someone if they were looking for a scrub. It's difficult to exfoliate when pushing only a few beads around your face. 

I won't be purchasing this again. I will stick with St. Ives for now--they're not organic but they have no parabens.  I liked that this was completely natural, but when paying over $30 for a scrub, I expect to be able to exfoliate my face. If you're looking for a good organic cleanser, and are willing to spend $21, then you could definitely give this a try.

♥ Daniele

No comments:

Post a Comment