Saturday, June 18, 2011

Beauty Scoop: Cover Girl Natureluxe Review

I recently picked up the Natureluxe ($10 at CVS) foundation. Cover Girl made a paraben free foundation! Isn't that fantastic? Hopefully it will catch on. I tend to like Cover Girl make up--I don't love ALL of their makeup, but I have tried quite a bit of their line. If you read one of my very first blogs, you'll already know that their Oil Control foundation is pretty much the best drugstore foundation for oily skin, in my opinion. So here's the thing: this foundation would probably not suit anyone with oily skin. Every now and then, though quite rarely, I get dry skin on my face.  This is probably the only time I will be able to use this foundation. It is extremely moisturizing! However, if you have oily skin like me, then the fact that it never quite settles into the skin may annoy you. It has medium to full coverage and I think it matches my skin tone quite well--I have the 305 shade. Even though it is oil-free, this foundation unfortunately does nothing for oil control. I had to blot much more with this on. I really like how it feels though, it's moussey and so moisturizing, I would definitely recommend this to people with dry skin or even normal skin. I would imagine this giving those with normal skin a dewy finish.

Takeaway: Paraben-free drugstore foundation for only $10. Suitable for dry skin, but not oily skin.


♥ Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment