Thursday, May 05, 2011

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!

Ingredients
Cooling off before frosting
Today I'm making Mexican Chocolate Cupcakes from Amanda's Cookin' on blogspot. Definitely check out her blog for the recipe and other great recipes and food ideas! I found everything I needed for this recipe at my local Vons.  The Abuelita Mexican Chocolate and the Nestle Dulce de Leche were in the Hispanic/Asian aisle, and the rest in baking. The only ingredient I couldn't find for this recipe was the Breakstone sour cream she used, but I subbed with Daisy sour cream so I'm sure it will be fine. I'm also not going to use the little silver balls. These cupcakes are for a Cinco de Mayo potluck at a friend's house so there's no need for me to get fancy. Here is the before picture with all of the ingredients:

finished product
Oh my goodness, this cake batter was so light and fluffy, and it tasted good too ;) which must be why i ended up with 23 cupcakes instead of 24, whoops! The frosting was also good. I usually find frosting too rich, but vanilla frosting mixed with the caramel was so light and perfect.

Obviously I had to try one before the potluck, and it was so delicious. It's not as sweet as other cupcakes, because the spices compliment the sweetness so well and tone it down. This recipe really makes a great tasting cupcake!  Thanks Amanda's Cookin'!

Thanks for reading! I hope every one has a fun Cinco De Mayo! Remember to subscribe/follow at the top left of the page.

1 comment:

  1. These cupcakes sound right up my alley. LOVE the idea of using dulce de leche as icing!!!!

    ReplyDelete