Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Beauty Scoop: Belegenza Hair Care

I've been using the Belegenza Growout Package (purcahsed from Hautelook) for a few weeks now. I have no idea if this has helped my hair grow (or if it's even possible for a product to do so).  Belegenza products are silicone-free, mineral oil-free, petrolatum-free, paraben-free, SLS-free, phthalate-free, & urea-free, which is the main reason I decided to buy this package.  
Belegenza GrowOut Package
A. GrowOut Shampoo and Strengthener $25: I liked the Shampoo. It makes my hair and scalp feel very clean and doesn't leave residue after being washed out. This is one of my favorite shampoos I've tried thus far. However, it also carries a pretty steep retail price so I'm not sure I'll be replacing it when it's gone.

B. DraMatic Daily Volumizing Conditioner $20: This definitely increases volume better than any other volume conditioner I've tried. Also, it smells AMAZING. It's scented from rosebuds (which I've never really been drawn too before).  It's seriously one of the prettiest and most feminine scents I've ever used. I want it in a perfume! However, it leaves buildup in my hair and makes it very difficult to go more than a day without shampooing (esp. since when growing out you're hair your supposed to try to go longer between shampoos). However, for days I want to style my hair, this is definitely a good choice. I just don't prefer to use it every time I wash my hair.

C. Romance Deep Conditioning Treatment $32: This has the same amazing smell, but also leaves buildup. Even though it's a conditioner, I've used it as a styling cream and found that it's good at taming fly-aways. Sometimes I just open it to smell it--I know that sounds insane, but seriously, these conditioners smell like heaven. If they have this in a lotion I'm going to be all over it.

D. PerForm Control Styling Gel $17 and E. Taffy Styling Cream $22: I haven't had the opportunity to use these very much. I used them one day when curling my hair. Normally my hair doesn't hold a curl for more than a few hours, but with these, they lasted all day. I definitely had to wash my hair the next morning due to all the product buildup, but that happens with most styling products.

In case you're curious, the "growout package" I got was $39 and came with full sizes of the shampoo, conditioner, and styling gel, and trial/travel sizes of the deep conditioner and taffy. 

Takeaway: I think Belegenza has some great products. They're also formulated without harsh chemicals, which is an added bonus.  I'm not sure I'm sold on the fact these products are supposed to help my hair remain undamaged for longer so it can grow. I won't be purchasing a package from them again, but I may try some more of their individual products. The salon prices may keep me from trying very many though.

GreenAndMore.com ← carries all of the products mentioned in today's blog.

♥ Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment